FRIOUR NETWORK MAGAZINE 1

is a magazine dedicated to mail art, peace, poetry, vispo, love, light, magic, stones, signs, snakes, turtles, renegades & global networking. This is the extended e-version of the first zine containing a world peace poem in reaction on the war on Iraq.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mountain north


in the once mighty land
in the once famed land
land of once great men of soil
fortress of my people's souls
once, one, on
that mighty land
now blood flows
this once mountain
mountain of north
I see only a hill
in the mighty mountain of the north
I see now only a ball of soil
remembering mount of the north
my heart wails
my home dear home
sweat home
burnt home
shredded home now
rebel home
bullet home
blood home
axed head home
war home!

peace when will you visit mount north again?

© by Monica Arac de Nyeko, UGANDA