FRIOUR NETWORK MAGAZINE 1

is a magazine dedicated to mail art, peace, poetry, vispo, love, light, magic, stones, signs, snakes, turtles, renegades & global networking. This is the extended e-version of the first zine containing a world peace poem in reaction on the war on Iraq.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Imagine Sunrise
being buried in my stomach,
that's how down I feel
when I think of war.


Oranges don't grow in deserts
anymore but are forever lost
in the cursing of one another
when the one who is not bothered
by the terror of his dreams
scarecrows me & you,
bullies our light so much
it retreats to the smallest corner,
creating the comeback of cockroach paradise.


I've always known this sentence:
the road to hell is only fat & baby black,
crying from New York to Baghdad.
Yes, hurting souls seems easier than removing tears
but that does not stop me of hearing the cold splendor of the lies.


Brother in arms,
allow me also a single shot,
to shoot one star
& make one wish
about one death:
& that's the death of war!



© Guido Vermeulen, BELGIUM
17 September 2002